iPod Earphones

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by timekeeper, Dec 6, 2008.

1. timekeeper

timekeeper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are the ipod earphones that come in the box considered good? I mean, they sell for like ~15 bucks. I'm using the ipod ones that came in the box with my 1G ipod touch, and I'm just wondering if it's worth shelling out some money for some Sony or some other earphones for better sound.
  2. Yangydoodles

Yangydoodles New Member

In my opinion, many other headphones from Sony and so on are much much better, and you can get them from Amazon for around ~£10. To be honest, Apple headphones are only £15 because they're Apple products.
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just one word. NO. They are not comfortable, there is hardly any bass to it and they are useless. It is definitely better to spend some money on some decent headphones. If you are an audiophilist, then get some Shures. They range from about $100-$400, or some Ultimate Ears, around that same price range as well. If not, you could go for skullcandies which are apparently good for rock songs and their price, or some Senheissers (spelling) CX300.
  4. Dark Wizard Dragon Flame

Dark Wizard Dragon Flame New Member

If you're spending £15-£30 Sennheissers are the only option.
  5. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There must be some other good makes for under £30... Umm. :/
  6. timekeeper

timekeeper New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks guys. I'll look out for some alternate earphones. I listen to music a lot, but I don't think I can justify spending that much on Bose or Sennhaiser(sp) earphones. I usually go for the Sony ones you find everywhere in stores.
  7. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you really enjoy music, I think you should save up and buy some shures. They are worth it.
  8. MANOWAR©

MANOWAR© Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I got the SE210 from Shure after I listened to a friends. I see them for about 99 bucks on some sites and they are definitely worth it. I hear stuff on my same iPod Touch in songs I didn't hear before. They block out outside noise and anyone who says you can't tell the difference between them and the Skull Candy $30 ones are either deaf or lying. It seems like a lot of money but if you really like hearing everything in your music you need something at least this good. Try them side by side if some place will let you and see if you don't appreciate they better sound quality. It will make all your songs seem better.
  9. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They block out so much noise, that when anyone tries to speak to me, I can't hear them

Please Register or Log in to view images

Yeah, many people don't actually care about quality of headphones :/