iPod Earphones Warranty

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by enjoi, Jan 7, 2010.

1. enjoi

enjoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi

I purchased some iPod headphones from Debenhams in the UK about 4 months ago. I lost them, but still have the box. The new headphones which came with my new iPod Touch 2G broke within a week of buying them.

(by broke I mean I went to pull the headphones out and the wire came disconnected from the jack)

The headphones still work OK, but the wire is exposed and I am worried they will break soon. I didn't use excessive force to remove them, the wire was just very loose. I was wondering if this was covered in the warranty? And if so - how do I go about claiming a new pair? I have a warranty with the old headphones I lost, and the new ones.

Thankyou
  2. gunzmaiet

gunzmaiet New Member

if you want to try to get replaced, go to your local apple store's genius bar
  3. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    To be honest, i would just buy a different pair of headphones, since both the build and sound quality of ipod headphones is terrible.
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    go to an apple store, explain your situation, and ask for a new one. at times, for cheaper things like earbuds, they didn't even let me explain. they just took one look at em and said, "ok, ill be right back with a new pair" apple is amazing with warranties.