iPod earbuds remote and mic problem

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by 15avaughn, Jun 28, 2010.

1. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    My apple earbuds mic and controls don't work most of the time and when the mic does work it's usually a garbling noise. They have a weird spotty thing on the ring furthest down.
  2. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    whats your question though? it sounds like more of a statment.
    based on what i think, i think your asking what to do with them.
    go to the apple store and ask for a replacement, theyll give you a new/refurbished one.
    i recommend some sony headphones, remote and mic. they were like $40. im not sure what they're called.
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    The headphones he is referring to most probably is the Sony MDR-EX38iP. They are great headphones, and the remote and mic make it a plus. But definitely go to the Apple store for a replacement, or get a new pair... The ones that come with the iPod aren't the best.
  4. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I decided to go to the apple store for a replacement, but if the iPod was bought at Wal-mart and doesn't have a receipt. Would I still be able to get a replacement?
  5. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah cause apple will see the transaction from the credit card, just show them your bill. They should still replace it even if it was from another store. 1 year warranty man
  6. SPGreenawalt

SPGreenawalt Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When I first upgraded to 4.0 the controls didnt work at all on the silicon headphones on apples store (80.00$ ones). When I jailbroke it though it started working. Its probably the headphones but just experiencing with headphones and 4.0.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. 15avaughn

15avaughn Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Bill? Oh and I'm pretty sure that it was bought with cash. (It was a Christmas present and my parents don't own a credit card)
  8. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I know the iPod is under 1 year warrenty, but the headphones might only be a 30 day. You'll have to check with the Apple Store. Either way, it's worth going to the Apple Store and asking.