ipod dont turn on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodgreatmaster, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hi, sorry about my colombian english. i have buyed 2.0 software for my ipod touch and it worked perfectly for three days. yesterday i try to connect to another wi-fi network but settings do not open. then i turn my ipod off and it do not turn on. so i restore my ipod and i have the same problem. can anybody help me?
  2. moto617

moto617 New Member

Try holding home and the sleep/wake button for a while. Or try just plugging it into your usb cable.
  3. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Is the battery dead?
  4. mattpennisi

mattpennisi New Member

I keep having this problem also. I am on firmware 2.0 (non jailbroken). The ipod will just randomly power off and not turn back on. When I plug it in, apple logo comes up, but it will not boot. The wifi is turned off (not draining battery) + it seems to have full battery according to the icon and the 10 minutes I get to use it at a time. When it turns on (I usually have to plug it in to get the apple logo), it just hangs @ the apple logo. I have restored the ipod ~5 times now. Very frustrating. Any advice?
  5. sprigner

sprigner New Member

Sounds like hardware failure to me. :/ Applestore time

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. spendleb

spendleb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem last night, installed a new app and went to check the Touch and it was dead, couldn't restart it, if I then plugged it into a dock it came back to life but as soon as the screen went back to sleep, the same thing happened. Eventually a reboot sorted it but now today the headphone jack has stopped working, I can't get any sound :-( This is on the v2 firmware again.
  7. Blackness

Blackness New Member

Wtf, exact same thing happening to me. I have never had a problem with my Ipod. I have restored it like 5 times and jail broken it every version.

Now with the 2.0 firmware it seems like my battery is not working properly. I haven't been able to use it for more than 10 min before it looses complete charge and turns off.

I don't want to restore it just because i have put a lot of time getting apps and music on it.

I does feel like a hardware problem. But i treat my ipod real good.
  8. Simondude56

Simondude56 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I knew the 2.0 had problems. All I can say is that it is definetely 2.0's fault because all of the people here have the same problem coincidentially. Just wait for another software update.
  9. l_a_x_u_h

l_a_x_u_h New Member

i had the same proble mas the people above me. I restored my touch countless times, i went to my applestore were they just restored it and it happend again . I called up apple where they told me i had to pay 32 dollars to send my touch to them for maintences but ive only had my touch for 6 months but i got to send it back for free and hopefully theyll send me a new better working one

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. timmychan

timmychan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This happened to me as well. Except apple did not respond to my email. I think you can hold sleep/wake + Home like you were restarting your ipod, but do it 5-6 times continously, umless it gets stuck on the boot logo. It should go to unlock ipod screen, then use it again.

Blackness, i have the same problem, i use my iPod for about 30 mins on wifi and it goes to red. then i leave it and it goes back up again. Weird.

I hope this gets solved soon