iPod doesn't show up in iTunes after 2.1 Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Ex-Touch, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

My iPod isn't showing up in iTunes. I just jailbroke my iPod on 2.1 following the directions perfectly. I rebooted when it told me, and replaced a certain file with patched file as instructed to get backups working. Now, iTunes will not recognize my iPod. I have it plugged in and everything. I might try rebooting my computer if I must.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I rebooted my computer and my iPod was spazing out with the USB connector, but eventually iTunes crashed and I unplugged my iPod. I plugged it back in and it finally stayed, and reloaded iTunes and got a message saying, "The iPod couldn't be recognized because Apple Mobile Device service isn't started up"
  2. shepdogg

shepdogg Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    do u have itunes 8
  3. brainstorm

brainstorm New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Even I am having the same problem...After I jailbroke using Morphey's method, the ipod works fine but it is not getting detected in Itunes...Dont know whats the problem...Tried reinstalling itunes but didnt help
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Yes, I am using iTunes 8. Now, it's 6 in the morning (next day) and all my music/videos were erased. Im resyncing now.
  5. akm0921

akm0921 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Used to have same problem

i used to have the same problem so i just restored and then jb again. Sometimes u got to go from standby mode to recognize the iPod. Keep ur iPod connected. go to standby mode on ur computer( i use PC). Then start ur computer again while keeping ur iPod plugged in.