ipod does not show in my pc but works fine in Laptop

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pegaso, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Pegaso

Pegaso Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey i habe serch in the forum for this problem, the thing is that my jailbreak ipod touch 16 gb 1.1.2 dosent show up on itunes when i connect it to my pc i habe Windos XP SP2, said something about an error like "iphone can not be conected unknow error" whit a number like 08x00000 something like this, i habe tried everithing, conect it directly to the usb port in the back, becouse i habe a hub and then the ipod dock, reinstall itunes old version and new version, then it show like a camera, i found solution for this y put the ipod under universal adaptor like they said in the forum, i didnt work, i convert my hard drive to NTFS becouse it was FAT32, try diferent cable, and nathing, so i try my ipod nano 1 gen and it work perfect.
    so i go to my laptop and HP whit Windows Xp SP2 and the itunes work just fine everithing was cool, both of my ipods work fine Nano 1 gen and Ipod Touch, so i run out of ideas and i dont want to try to restore my ipod on my Pc so i was wondering if any one know how i cant solve this problem, iam sure is my PC but What exactly?

thanks for your help
    sorry for my grammar i speak Spanish
  2. mrgono3

mrgono3 New Member

Maybe this should be your last resort, but have you tried reinstalling windows?
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had the same problem too and the only answer for that was to go into recovery mode sorry i know you didn't want to but that's the only way.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have exactly the same issue, and no amount of updating/restoring/recovery makes any difference whatsoever.

The only conclusion i can come to is the the problem is with the pc as it connects hassle free, every time to my mums laptop.

I think its some kind of usb conflict somewhere.

Sometimes if I'm lucky it will connect with my pc as soon as its started up.