iOS 3.1 iPod does not reboot after Blackra1n jailbreak

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Joaao, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Joaao

Joaao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi community

I have to reboot my iPod Touch 3.1.2, because i have unlocked with the blackra1n RC3 i have to do the same process of jailbreak every time i reboot my iPod, you know the process..
    But this time my iPod won't reboot, but stuck with a geohots image.

I hit "Make it Ra1n" on my Win 7, my ipod then Blackrain reports "running" (Geohots picture appears on the iPod), then "done, wait for reboot". Even the popup "Jailbreak has completed, please donate..." comes up.
    But instead of rebooting my iPod, the Geohots picture gets stuck! And the itunes don't recognize any ipod.

In this situation I tryed to restart the iPod, press both the power and home button for a long time, but it always comes up in recovery mode.

I tried the veriest procedures, including running as Administrator, stopping iTunes, killing the 3 processes, loading gtcf.dll, pluging in before "Make it Ra1n" and after and so on, but always with the exactly same result.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue? I don't want to restore because i don't want to loose all my apps, musics etc..

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks for any help!
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I hate to say restore but you won't loose all your apps and music providing you have a backup on your computer. Have you ever restored before? When your iPod finishes restoring it will ask if you want to set up as a new iPod or restore from backup. Choose the most recent one and it should be exactly like before but you will need to rejailbreak.
  3. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah magic8ball's right, you can always restore to a back up of when you last synced with itunes. and blackra1n is pretty unstable sometimes. It's done that to me twice i always rerun the program and it fixes it and jailbreaks it (and no i dont have an MC ipod touch). i suggest you use redsn0w next time.