iPod Dock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spyda, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am looking for a dock to fit my ippod in. does anyone have anything in specific that they can recommend? i just want it to have decent sound, good enough for when im just hanging out with friends or whatever. also i want it fairly small and not rediculously xpensive. anyone have any ideas? also it has to work with the touch lol (obviously).

Edit: also is it better to just get a good set of mini speakers for the price?
  2. greve

greve New Member

It's some different kinds of "docks". You have a "usual" dock which you use to just connect your ipod to your mac/pc. Or you have the music dock. After what I read it seems like you mean the music dock!

Heres the one I have

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have the white one.... I got to my birthday cause it's kind of expensive. But lovely sound and a nice good remote. Only one thing I don't like about it and that is that it's not portable :S

This one is pretty cheap but I haven't heard it play music, so I can't tell you anything about it:S

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?s=topSellers&fnode=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/speakers&nplm=TP139VC/A&mco=87FA3A15

With your touch you get the dock adapter which makes your touch fit any of the docks you have

the dock adapter comes with every different ipod

3. ARUS

ARUS New Member

hi,
    i´ve a similar question. What 2.1 system with iPod-connector can you recommend me?
    It has to be pretty cheap, so around 50-80€ ( I think converted it is around 70-110$).

I want to connect both my iPod and my PC with the 2.1 boxes.
  4. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow... 100 bucks thats pretty pricey. maybe ill just go for some mini speakers... thanks for the help though!
  5. Lee

Lee New Member

General rule of thumb is to purchase a known brand or pay as much as you can !

Utter rubbish !

In the Uk an outlet called H.M.V have their docks on display powered up allowing you to dock your i pod to try them out before purchase.

The more expensive ones have a few more specs but some of the cheaper ones sound just as good.

So its not just about price and a brand name !
  6. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yea we have an hmv where i live too maybe ill have to go check it out.
  7. SeRi@lDiE

SeRi@lDiE New Member

I can bouch for the JBL On Stage Micro.
    Is an awesome portable dock/speaker system!
  8. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    k well now with christmans coming up and all, tere is some pretty good deals on ipod docks! hopefully i will be getting one on xmas morniing.
  9. GrimmGreen

GrimmGreen New Member

i will never understand why , what is essentially a $30 ipod dock , connected to two 4inch speakers costs well over $100 ,
  10. Necro

Necro New Member

Sry 4 OT: There is a Ramones Museum in Berlin?