ipod dock station

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by paul_b, Jan 5, 2008.

1. paul_b

paul_b New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    I have been looking to buy a docking station for my ipod touch. I want a docking station that I can place the ipod touch in it horizontal rather than vertical. Vertical seems to be the norm for all docking stations. Placing it horizontal will enable me to use cover flow and you view youtube properly.
  2. hifi_guy

hifi_guy New Member

I'm afraid you'll have to wait maybe another few months. All docks that are on the market right now (at least all that I know of) have been developed with the standard, vertical-only ipod in mind. They are compatible with the touch inasmuch as they use the same connector and control code, but do not support viewing in landscape mode.
    On the other hand, you'd have to be pretty close to the dock to be able to watch e.g. a movie, so I wonder if this would really make much sense. Apart from being able to use coverflow, which would be cool of course

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Tigerclaw

Tigerclaw New Member

Just an idea okay.

How about a car mount for a PPC unit?
    Use your existing cables, slip it into the car mount and adjust to required position. Would that not work? Until a decent docking station comes out anyway

Don't flame me, it's just an idea