iPod Dissconnect while Syncing Contacs/AddressBook

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by jpga13, Feb 6, 2008.

1. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I hadn't realized I did not have Contacts/AddressBook until I got the following message "iTunes could not sync contacts to the "My iPod" because the iPod disconnected. I did add the app after I noticed this message and their were contacts from a prior sync the previous day. Everything else syncs fine and then it quits when it gets to Contacts. Any ideas? I am running Dev 1.1.3 with everything to include Customize and Summerboard working.
  2. superspacie

superspacie New Member

Mine also disconnected and didn't sync. Using SSH I changed the permissions of var/mobile/Library/AddressBook recursively to 777 and everything works now as it should. Hope this helps.
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Gave it a try but no luck. Syncs everything fine until Contacts and the disconnects.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but still get a disconnect error. It's strange since it was syncing fine until today.
  5. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just in case someone else has this issue I found a solution. If you go to the info tab on itunes for the iPod and scroll down there will be an advanced section with several boxes that can be checked. These boxes do a forced restore of contacts or whatever you select from your computer. If you have contacts on the ipod that aren't on the computer you need to back them up somehow as I believe they will be erased.