iPod displays "connect to iTunes" picture but iTunes says there is a passcode on iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by piwipod, Jun 18, 2010.

1. piwipod

piwipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yesterday I restarted my iPod Touch 2G since the AIM app was crashing (a previous restart fixed that but later the app crashed again) so I restarted hoping it would make the AIM app work again but instead I was presented with the "connect to iTunes" picture.

[[[Quick fix option that's on my mind:I've reinstalled windows many times so I don't have my library with music (or apps) on iTunes currently, but luckily I transferred all of my songs from iPod to the computer days earlier (Here is what is stopping me from restoring my iPod and fixing this whole thing right now ->)... IF I was to restore my iPod Touch 2G, would I still be able to download the apps I bought for free?]]]

Anyways, I wouldn't really want to restore my iPod (I'm fine with it if there isn't any other fix but I don't want to, since I would have to go through the trouble of jail breaking and setting up things again... oh, and possibly losing the apps I payed for?), but I am fine with it if nothing else can be done. So I've tried restarting the iPod and putting it into recovery mode but I still end up getting the "connect to iTunes" picture and when I do connect I get the "iTunes could not connect to the iPod "iPod touch" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes." message.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

[In case you didn't see/notice, I am also asking if I would be able to download all of the apps I bought for free.]
  2. Sawz

Sawz Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I had the exact same problem :/ I tried putting it into recovery mode and out, I tried it on different computers. All said the same thing that is was locked with a passcode. In the end I just had to restore it :/

There may be a way around it, but I didnt find one.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh yeh sorry ^_^, but yes you should be able to download all of your apps again too. As long as you use the same itunes account that you downloaded your apps with again, you can download all of them again.
  3. piwipod

piwipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does anyone else have anything on this?

If not, then I might as well restore it.