Ipod detects WiFi source - but never connects

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Maxy, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Maxy

Maxy New Member

Hey Guys,

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere on here before and I did do a search, but I couldn't find the answer to my question.

Like the title says my Ipod finds a wireless internet source, but whether or not the wifi source is secured it always says it can't connect to the internet.

I know it's not my internet because when my girlfriend was over with her laptop she asked for the password to connect, she connected, I tried with my Ipod with the same password it couldn't connect.

Also my dad's ipod touch is able to connect and also detects other networks which mine doesn't.

Is this a matter of simply restoring it or do I have to take it back to the apple store?

Please Help!!!
  2. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

Same happens to me sometimes when i try to connect to other peoples wireless. It will say there is no security and i will connect to it and then i still can't use the internet. I thought that it may be that the router only allows connections from certain IPs or something (i thought i saw something to do that in my routers settings), but this is happening to your own router? Give Apple a call, don't tell them that your iPod is Jailbroken, just say you can't connect to your router.

EDIT: Try turning Wi-Fi off and then shutting down the iPod by pressing the hold and home buttons and the same time for 5 seconds. Then turn it on and turn Wi-Fi one and see if you are able to connect.
  3. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could also try the "Forget this Network" in the settings (on the iPod, Settings, Wi-Fi Networks, choose the network you want to connect to but tap on the "Forget this Network"). Then enter the password again.
  4. Maxy

Maxy New Member

The thing is those unlike other people who have been able to connect in the past, then all of a sudden it stops working. My ipod has never been connected to the internet, not once.
    I've tried what people have said should work, but it hasn't.

I'm going to probably need to ring Apple tomorrow and/or go to my nearest store to get things sorted.
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I have never had a problem connecting anywhere, but last weekend I was at a friends, and this exact thing happened to me. We had 3 ipds in the same room, and my 2 freinds could connect, but I was unable to. It said I was connected, but I couldn't access anything on the internet. We even tried turning wi-fi off on the other 2 ipods, and I still couldn't connect. I was quite pissed... lol