Ipod dead, doesn't turn on...any help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soultil, Mar 6, 2009.

1. soultil

soultil New Member

hello there people,
    I have a problem with my ipod which doesn't turn on, and i have to say that i haven't jailbroken my ipod touch, which i bought on monday.
    I was syncing my touch in itunes (not for the first time-had already songs and apps inside) and after the sync ended, i closed itunes (in ipod's screen appeared still the battery icon), and i pulled the usb cable out of my pc. Then i pressed the home button of my ipod and nothing happened, again pressed sleep button and home (not together) and nothing again. the screen seems to be switched off and the ipod doesn't turn on whatever i do. before disconnecting the ipod from the pc, it had been charging for some hours, so the battery was full.
    please tell me something, what can i do to turn it on?
    thank you

ps: posted this separetaly because my ipod is not jailbroken and recently purchased, not as many other problems mentioned which have to do with the jailbreak proccess
  2. NumNum

NumNum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hold the sleep button for a few seconds, if nothing happens, put your iPod into DFU mode and restore.
  3. flips30240

flips30240 New Member

try to dfu restore
  4. soultil

soultil New Member

seems to have been solved,
    finally i reset the ipod by pressing together home and sleep buttons, until apple logo appeared, and the ipod turned on with no problem and all music apps etc
    thanks for the help
    is this or such problems common to happen? sorry for this (as i fixed it soon) but i'm new to all this thing and as i nought my ipod on monday, i got disappointed as i thought it wouldn't turn on
  5. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hasn't happend to me yet.
  6. manticore999

manticore999 New Member

It just happened to me today - for the 2nd time. My Ipod touch is now dead and will soon be sent back for another replacement. I turned it on and was going to play some music. It said there was no music on the device. Odd, because yesterday there was! I plugged in to the PC and it said I needed to do a restore. I started the restore and got a message that the device couldn't be restored and my ipod shut down. Now it won't power up at all. I just got this last week as a replacement for my first one that did the exact same thing! This is getting old. I've had my classic IPOD for 3 years now and have never had a problem with it - even though it's taken a moderate beating in my briefcase/backpack, etc.

The IPOD touch seems to be a little too 'touchy' to me.
  7. soultil

soultil New Member

lol you're right!! even if mine started finally, i'm afraid this could happen again and why not causing loss of songs and other data, having to sync again from scratch
    i find this unacceptable for such a gadget
    anyway, try to reset the ipod by pressing and holding home and sleep buttons together, mine kept all the stuff didn't loose anything
  8. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    find a person who has a phd in DFU mode. lol. jk

make sure you press and hold. that is all.
  9. manticore999

manticore999 New Member

I can press and hold till the cows come home and it doesn't make any difference. This thing is a doorstop.
  10. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He meant hold both for the OP
    You messed up on your Restore...So Try to put your iPod into DFU Mode, then downloading the 2.2.1 firmware, and manually selecting and restoring with it.