Ipod dead after update to 2.1; no recovery possible

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jokig, Nov 18, 2008.

1. jokig

jokig New Member

Hi Guys, hope you could help me!
    Excuse my bad english.

My update to 2.1 didn´t work, my Ipod seems to be dead. The screen does not turn on. If I connect to Itunes it tells me to restore. Ihe Ipod is in the DFU mode.
    When I restore The firmware 1.1 - 1.4 the apple logo turns on and the blinking clock / circle appears. The firmware is to be extracted and copied but when the restoring comes nothing more happens. The restoring does not come to an end. I tried once about 8 hours, no finishing, the logo is on an the circle is blinking.
    When i want to flash the 2.1 this wasn´t accepted, it occours an unknown error (1).

I tried Itunes 8.1 and 7.5

There seems to be no chance to flash a firmware. Ist this a software - problem?? Shall I post the ipodupdater.log??
    Is there any other software to flash the firmware??

Can you help, it`s urgent!!!
  2. MrSpock2002

MrSpock2002 New Member

I'd say it's RMA time through Apple.
  3. jokig

jokig New Member

What means RMA, i think you mean to send it back to Apple. But there ist no more guarantie.

Are there no other ways to alive the ipod???
  4. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Are you sure you're doing dfu correctly? What were you doing before this happened? Sounds like corrupt files.
  5. jokig

jokig New Member

I think so that DFU ist correctly. I also used Ziphone to set in DFU, switching in Recovery and Normal Mode is not possible.
    I have no other possibility than DFU. Can I do something wrong? The screen leaves dark, no symbols when I press the 2 bottoms.
    When I connect to ITunes ih wants to restore.

Which Files do you mean are corrupt - bootloader?. Can I restore these files?
  6. andyt4097

andyt4097 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just do the restore in iTunes. You will loose all info on the Touch, make sure its in iTunes, which it should be. Just click restore in iTunes, that should fix it.

I just re-read the OP and saw that it loops when it restores. Hmm, maybe give Apple a call or bring it to the local Apple store and see what they can do to fix it.