ipod dead after 2.2 jailbroken

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by HKengineer, Nov 24, 2008.

1. HKengineer

HKengineer New Member

i update from 2.1 to 2.2 and use the latest quickpwn and successfully jailbroke it. but when i download some app from sydia and try to reboot, the touch keep staying at the logo, and keep ''beep'' every 10 sec

i can see it in itunes and can even operate in itunes!! but the ipod is like dead and stays at the logo, someone help!
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i just had that last night
    just restore
    i did it
    everything will be fine
  3. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

I think its down to cydia that, I have had some major problems with cydia since 2.2. jailbreak. I have restored a couple times but cydia still freezes up or crashed and the response time with the keyboard is just utterly crap...... hope they issue a fix some time soon
  4. HKengineer

HKengineer New Member

I did it twice, the same procedure: install sth. with sydia. and result the same---restore. now i'm trying the 3rd time. maybe i should keep away from sydia for a little while...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    at first everything is fine, sydia can run for the first time and reboot, but then i don't know who cause the whole thing, i just cannot reboot.
  5. keven99

keven99 New Member

im all the way on firmware 2.0.1 and recently i updated my installer then when i went to the home page it kept loading for ever so i juss left my ipod there till it wuld die then when i connected it to the computer i turned it on and it said at the loading logo thing for like 5-10 minutes than went back to my home page but yea i was on 2.0.1 for like 5 months and this is the first time that ever happened to my ipod
  6. nick.m

nick.m New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm just downloading 2.2 now and then going to JB once again, you think this will happen to me too?
  7. SiXAXiS

SiXAXiS Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i just has this last night. If you DIDNT install OpenSSH, then restore, if you did dl it, than go into Applications and delete the "whatever".app you installed.
  8. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    whats with peeps spelling cydia as sydia?