iPod crashing my computer???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Takana, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Takana

Takana New Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Hi all, I've just joined this site. I'm not sure whether to post this here on in the tech section but here goes.

I got an iPod Touch for xmas

Please Register or Log in to view images

and it works fine. I immediately plugged it into my computer and iTunes synced to it. I then registered it. Everything was fine.

After playing with it for a bit I thought I'd better plug it back in to charge before I go out. I had it plugged in for about 5 mins when iTunes popped up asking to update. I clicked yes but a pop up came up. It said something about not being able to so I just dismissed it, and carried on playing with my touch. Then my computer made a clicky noise and died. It shut down. I rebooted and once it was up and running I plugged my touch back in and the computer done the same thing. It shutdown. I haven't been back on the computer since as I've been round my mums for xmas and I'm not allowed to connect my iPod to this one as my sisters is on it.

Now, from reading I can see there is a problem with the 2.2 update. Fair enough. But is my iPod crashing my computer? If so, how? What did I do? If not, why the coincidence!!

Any help will be appreciated!