Ipod Crashes and then stays at apple logo

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by igger, Jul 13, 2008.

1. igger

igger New Member

Yeah... this has happened to me twice now, and the only way around it is restoring my iPod which is a total b*tch.

I turn on super monkey ball ( it was all applications in general, i turn them on they crash to start ) and it crashes to home then turns off to the apple logo and stays on that.

I'm running 2.0 and i've gone 'legit'
    1/ i upgraded from jailbroken 1.1.3
    2/ does that matter?
    3/ im using 8gig ipod touch

I then have to restore and re-do everything on my iPot which realllllly bakes the cakes if you know what i mean.

Any help would be thanked.
  2. cmotors

cmotors New Member

Had this happen to me once when starting monkey ball. First I tried holding the top sleep button, but that didn't do anything. Then I tried holding the home button, which didn't seem to do anything so I started pressing it many times. It then brought me back to the main interface. I then opted to power off and back on to make sure the unit was reset. Hope that helps ya, cuz restoring is a bit drastic.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just happened to me again. Held home button for a while, nothing. Pressed many times, nothing. Just started holding home, and at times pressing it a bunch of times. Finally got me out of it. Took about 4-5 mins. What a pain.
  3. igger

igger New Member

Yeah, i restored twice so far, but i was backing up from my 1.1.3 jailbreak to 2.0 legit backup, but i didn't backup this time and sorted all my stuff out.

Hasn't happened so far...
  4. Brill301

Brill301 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've restored twice due to it, now it seems to be working fine, but most my apps won't even open...
  5. igger

igger New Member

This happened, i found either re-syncing or turning off and on seemed to fix it.

Clicking Home constantly also seemed to get it working again.

This is apparently being answered in a bug fix.
  6. hockeynut0103

hockeynut0103 New Member

Restore it on 1.1.4 and then upgrade to 2.0