iPod crashed: in restore mode now :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by melone, Feb 1, 2008.

1. melone

melone New Member

My iPod touch just crashed while I was listening to music. When i turned it on again, it was in recovery mode... Any else had this problem?

Some info:
    I update to 1.1.3 with iJailBreakMobile. When I rebooted i didn't had the wiggling icons but the apps where there (mail, notes, etc). When I ssh'ed into my ipod a couple off minutes later it did reboot itself

Please Register or Log in to view images

. After that I did had the wiggling icons...

Any suggestions? Or is the only solution restoring from 1.1.1 and going through the whole jailbreakprocess again?
  2. doggunit

doggunit New Member

You can knock the iPod out of Recovery Mode with iBrickr. The software detects, that the iPod is in recovery mode and you will be asked if you want to restart it.

I'm using Mac, so I have iBrickr installed through Bootcamp. Worked fine for me!
  3. melone

melone New Member

Thanks, I'm going to give that a try, let's see if it works from parallels too

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. htdevane

htdevane New Member

yea the same happened to me so i think im jus goin to stick to 1.1.2.
  5. martindean8

martindean8 New Member

same sorta thing happened to me but i was watching a video and it crashed and when i tried to turn it on it was in recovery mode, i updated to 1.1.3 with the ipod elite teams automatic jailbreak solution and think im just goin back to the standard 1.1.3 since i have already paid for the apps
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I run the Official DEV team method - with no problems at all.

If you are going to re-jailbreak, do it that way.
  7. Shapa papa

Shapa papa New Member

... i have same prob as you i used mobile jailbreak now i gotta use ibricker?
  8. LukeRocksALot

LukeRocksALot New Member

i get the same problem, im either playing games or listening to music,and i even tried to turn it on and it went into recovery mode.....well i cant keep on going on a computer trying to fix this problem,and i use my ipod at school a lot.So i think im gonna stick w/ 1.1.2 jailbreak