iPod Crash

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by rileyt, Jul 11, 2008.

1. rileyt

rileyt New Member

Hey all, my touch running on the 2.0 from apple was worth fine but it just turned itself of and now stuck on the apple logo load screen. Does the same thing when connecting to pc. Any one had similar problems?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm, I just unplugged from itunes and then went to hold down both buttons to reboot again and it suddenly worked.
  2. Robman62

Robman62 New Member

i have this same problem i need help
  3. xcheetahx123

xcheetahx123 New Member

does anyone's ipod randomly reset when connected to itunes?
  4. bubs58

bubs58 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think its a bug in 2.0, im not 100% sure though
  5. fullback

fullback New Member

after upgrading, i haven't had it crash yet ... but i have had a lot of frozen screens (ie: unable to change songs, frozen NotePad, frozen Contacts) and the loading and closing times of the Apps are horrendous (5+ seconds, sometimes more). I only have 160 songs and 20 contacts on my 16GB. Don't know why everything takes so long. I can only hope the next update fixes this because I am seriously thinking about downgrading back to 1.1.4 or 1.1.5.
  6. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine is stuck on the apple screen and it isn't recognized in iTunes, iTunes just freezes. It won't go into recovery mode..
  7. kb925

kb925 New Member

I had this exact problem after downloading a new app. I was stuck on the apple logo screen and couldn't do anything. Connecting to iTunes wouldn't work and would only lock up iTunes. I ended up having to restore, this is how I did it...

1. Connect the USB cable to your ipod but NOT your computer.
    2. Open iTunes
    3. Hold the Sleep and Home buttons until your screen goes blank.
    4. Let go of the Sleep button (the one on top) and continue to hold Home (the round button below the screen) and plug the USB cable back into the computer. It should take about 15-30sec and iTunes will find your ipod and say it is in restore mode, continue with the full restore and use the back up version from your previous sync. Be very patient, this is not a quick task, but it will restore everything back to your ipod. My complete restore took almost 5 hours, but it's now back up and running like it was before the crash. HTH!!

Please Register or Log in to view images