Ipod continues to lockup: Hardware issue?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, May 5, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No matter how many times I restore my ipod and jailbreak it again, my ipod continues to lockup at odd times. It may be when I'm adding sources, or when I'm browsing the internet. I'm beginning to think that no amount of restoring will fix it. I have even tried restoring using different computers. I have tried rebooting my computer and then restoring. I think it's a hardware issue.....

However, I noticed something odd last night when it locked up. I was browzing the internet when it locked up. I noticed that on the top bar where the time usually is, there was a padlock in the locked position. I've never seen this before. How do I unlock it?
  2. Boss Kamikaze

Boss Kamikaze New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    man u should try restoring then not jailbreaking see if thats the problem if it continues without jailbraking you should get it rplaced diffinetly and the jailbreak your new ipod touch..lol
  3. wobgob

wobgob New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    By "lock up" do you mean it goes into the "Slide to unlock" screen randomly? Or do you mean it just freezes?

The padlock is always there on the "Slide to unlock" screen, but if your iPod is freezing randomly I see no reason for the padlock to be there.

Your problem may be caused by a faulty app you've got, or maybe just the jailbreak itself. Have you tried restoring it but NOT jailbreaking it, and seeing if it does the lock up then? That may help you find out the root of the problem.
  4. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    By lockup, I mean that the screen freezes, usually while I'm typing. When the screen freezes, I noticed that at the top there is a padlock where the time is usually displayed.

As for whether jailbreaking causes it, I am using iLiberty. Isn't that supposed to be the cutting edge in jailbreaking technology? I can only go down from there, right?

EDIT: My ipod is still well under warranty. I got it from Bestbuy with the 3 year Performance Service Plan. It is a 16GB Ipod touch. I paid a total of $466.21. I got the ipod for $377.88 (It is normally $379.99 but I found a better price at Walmart and they matched it.). The Warranty plan costed $59.99. The sales tax in Illinois is 7.5% which totals to $28.34. The plan says that if I have to have it replaced, I can be reimbursed for the purchase price. Is $377.88 enough to get an iphone at its current prices?

EDIT 2: I don't think its the hardware. I have restored, but not jailbroken, and it seems to be working fine.....but it's so unfulfilling.....

EDIT 3: Ok, even though it isn't a hardware problem, what if I just happened to do something to my ipod that would mean I could be reimbursed for the purchase price. For example, what it I "accidently" dropped it? Do you think that I could get the money so that I can buy an iphone?