iPod Connect To Camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JayTraceur, Jun 6, 2009.

1. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it possible for my Samsung NV40 to connect to my iPod Touch 2nd Gen? I mean like a 30 pin connector to usb port so I could plug in my camera into my iPod and transfer photos taken on the camera to my iPod so I could later upload them?

Basically:

1)Take photos on camera.
    2)Plug it into iPod
    3)use 3rd party app to transfer files onto iPod.
  2. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Uhm.
    Nothing I've heard off though.
    But back in the day we used calculators to boot iPods.
    So it's probably possible
  3. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    Actually it was never possible to boot a tethered ipod touch using a calculator. I was all just a rumor that spread really far really fast. It is confirmed by Musclenerd that it is not possible to create a program on the calculator that could cause the ipod to boot

In theory, this is possible. You would need a female USB to female USB cable and the cables to both the ipod and the camera. The only problem is no one has done this yet, so there are no drivers or programs for it. If you really wanted to do this, you would need to code it all yourself which would take hundreds of hours not to mention testing and fixing bugs and errors.

As of right now, there is just no practical way to accomplish wut ur suggesting
  4. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm it was only a suggestion. As I wasn't on about actually using it while it was plugged in, but merely plugging in an external harddrive in essence.

Much more reasonable than using the camera while its attached.
  5. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I wasnt talking about using the camera while connected - to transfer data from a camera/external harddrive to your ipod would still require the programming