Ipod completely unuable, located in a bad situation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Qbeck, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Qbeck

Qbeck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've searched and search and couldn't find anything.

Forgive me if i'm saying something old, or a common problem, I havn't active for quite a while. Again, I searched.

So, i'm gonn say, 3 weeks ago I downloaded some app that changes your boot logo without using computer. I know this wasn't some fake one, because i remember getting it from a video by (i think) tysiphonehelp, which i think is kinda big on the ipod stuff. Maybe it was willdta. I can't remember. Anyway, the ipod doesn't turn on. Or atleast, thats what i thought.

I shrug, throw the ipod aside, and deal with it. I can't find it a week later, also, shrug, pass the thought aside. So i find it yesterday, plug it in, and see the iTunes thinks that its in restore mode. Still black screen though. So i click restore, and i get an error. Now i'm getting worried. See, i just restored my computer. No music. If i can't kick my ipod back into shape, or atleast restore it, thats 300$ bye bye, plus all my music.

Help would be gladly appreciated.
  2. andrew!

andrew! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try holding home and the power button, this automatically reboots your ipod. If the apple logo comes up then just wait and it should go to the springboard.

IF NOT [Make sure the iPod is plugged in]:
    hold down the power button for 5 seconds, then keep holding it down and press+hold the home button WITHOUT LETTING GO OF THE POWER BUTTON!!! hold these two down for 5 seconds, then let go of the POWER BUTTON ONLY and keep holding down the home button, this should kick it into restore mode.

Then restore via iTunes.

If nothing else... send 'er back to Apple......
  3. Qbeck

Qbeck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i get error 1604 when trying to restore
  4. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you sure you DFU'd? Keep trying. It WILL work
  5. Qbeck

Qbeck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yea it says DFU mode
  6. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet. 2. Try setting your device in DFU mode attached to the comp and not attached and also with iTunes initially open and closed. You will be able to get into DFU mode and restore but sometimes it takes a while to get the computer to recognise the device. Your music is sadly gone though... that boot logo prog was beta and many people have had problems with it...
  7. Qbeck

Qbeck Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its already in dfu mode though! I don't get the apple logo though. If i plug it in, it flashes white, goes black, and itunes thinks its in restore mode
  8. atomicmufin

atomicmufin Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try a different port.

you need dfu tho, otherwise your music is gone.