iPod completely ruined?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Speighticus, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Speighticus

Speighticus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey,

I recently updated my 2G ipod touch to 3.0 and jailbreaked it. Everything was going fine until i ran out of battery. I thought it curious because it shouldn't have died yet and it was just sitting there, it didn't suffer from any shock which would have caused it to crash. When i got home i plugged it into my dock and it began to charge, so i left it overnight, as always. I got it this morning and it won't turn on. It won't charge when plugged into my dock. It won't charge when plugged into my laptop, and the laptop can't detect it. DFU mode doesn't work either....i don't want to send it off to be fixed because its jailbroken, which as far as im aware, is illegal =\ what do i do?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. SmexyPenguin18

SmexyPenguin18 Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    This sometimes happen to me when my 1g ipod dies and i try to charge it from a wall charger. It simply won't charge but if i put it on my dock and leave it it will. So just try using a different source of charging it.
  3. Speighticus

Speighticus New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks

Thanks, i shall try that. I'll update you with what happens sometime tomorrow, then it'll have enough time to charge.....i hope....
  4. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You didn't copy any shady "installd" files to it, did you ? Because that's what happened to me once. I copied it using iFunBox instead of DiskAid and I think iFunBox messed with the permissions or something (because it doesn't say anywhere it supports OS 3.0, DiskAid however, does).

Anyway. When I was required to reboot it by turning it off and turning it back on, it wouldn't boot anymore. Did you do something similar to it ?

PS: What's with this "ruined" crap ?
  5. Matt-09

Matt-09 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Jailbreaking is not illegal....yet.

If you do need to send your iPod to Apple, just DFU + Restore and Apple will never know.
  6. elamre

elamre Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    so if it isnt illegal, why should you restore it?
  7. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not illegal as in charges arrest law etc.
    however, it voids the warranty because apple "consider" (key word, consider) it illegal.
    So if they find it jb, they wont fix it.
  8. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it voids the warranty. you cant get in trouble for it, but they wont replace it. honestly, if you try every charging source you have, and you cant get it to dfu or anything, just take it to apple, and if they cant turn it on, tada! new ipod. if they can turn it on, and they see its JBkn, they might just give it back to you fixed (turned on) and you wont have a warranty again (what are they gonna do, throw it away?). either way, you've got nothing to lose.

actually, @carfreak apple doesnt have to consider it anything to have it void the warranty. if they think it can mess with your ipod, they can prolly void the warranty for anything they please.
  9. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think he's right. What can they do if they find out its jailbroken? You paid over $200 for it, its yours, you can do whatever you want with it. Oh and try holding the home button and the power button for 20sec or more that usually gets it to turn on. Hope I was help.

Please Register or Log in to view images