iPod Charging Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mdonders, May 5, 2009.

1. mdonders

mdonders New Member

Hello,

I have a problem with my 1st Generation 16GB iPod Touch. I will try to explain this to the best of my ability, so please be patient.

I recently installed a Pioneer Avic D3 in my car and I purchased the iPod cable which allows you to play the iPod through the car head unit as well as charge the iPod. The cable is supposed to work with iPod Touch 1st generation and all previous iPods.

So I plug my iPod Touch in and music starts playing, but the iPod does not charge. I figure that its the cable so I rip apart the dash and plug everything back in. I plug the iPod Touch in again and it plays, but still no charging. I make sure all of the options are checked that enables the iPod charge and they are. I get my old 5G Video out and the cable charges that.

So maybe it REALLY doesn't work with the iPod Touch 1st gen I thought. I got my buddy's 1st Gen iPod Touch and it charged and then my other friend got one and his charged.

My iPod Touch is read by my computer and charges via the a/c outlet in the wall and via USB on my computer. What would cause it to be the only 1st Generation iPod Touch NOT to charge from the Pioneer cable in my car?

Your reply is greatly appreciated!
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    hmmmm

if your friends 1st gen charged but urs wont, you might be looking at some type of hardware malfunction in your ipod. Might wanna check in with the apple store to see if anything is wrong
  3. mdonders

mdonders New Member

I am going there tomorrow, but the weirdest part is that it will charge on everything except the cable in my car.

It docks and charges from my PC and my wall charger -- thanks for your response!