ipod charger is this a scam?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrisinfinity, Jan 17, 2009.

1. chrisinfinity

chrisinfinity New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  2. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why would hey be scams? look at the sellers, their both powersellers and are pretty good
  3. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it's hard to judge 100 percent authenticity.
    basing off his feedback, I would say that the product should work
  4. chrisinfinity

chrisinfinity New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cause it cost 30 dollars orignal
  5. HappyLife

HappyLife New Member

I purchased 3 supposed to be "original" Apple USB chargers from Hong Kong (made in China), and I found that all 3 of the won't charge my iTouch 2G. I took care to read that the charger was 5V/1A and that it has a cut-off circuitry not to overcharge (and overheat) the battery. But it "don't work" !!! I made a charge test and found that it won't supply 5 Watts (5V times 1 Amp = 5 Watts).

My opinon: do not buy. Cheap - non intelligent chargers if they work will overheat the battery, and heat is the bigest battery enemy.

My 2 cents.
  6. chrisinfinity

chrisinfinity New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks im gonna buy from this guy that sells it from the us. He says it legit 13 bucks
  7. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    why dont you spend 7 more bucks and buy one from the store?

i bought a griffin charger for 15 bucks and it works jsut fine. and i know it's real.
    it's nice to have the "apple" products, but if you just want your product to be charged then get a charger from a store/...i got mine from target
  8. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I think you should lay out the 7 extra bucks and get a charger from a local store.
    For one, you won't have to wait 2+ weeks for shipping from Hong Kong. It sometimes comes sooner, but rarely; and if it does, it isn't much sooner.
    And secondly, if the device is defective, you could actually return/exchange it at the store.
    To me, that is worth 7 bucks.
  9. clemarr

clemarr New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got mine from monoprice.com. I purchased the wall charger and car charger and they were 9 dollars and change total and that included shipping and they both work great. Had them in 3 days.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10831&cs_id=1083105&p_id=4872&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10831&cs_id=1083105&p_id=4871&seq=1&format=2
  10. kOrNwHeAt

kOrNwHeAt Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Items from Hong Kong are usually fakes. I have bought a couple of things from sellers that ship out of Hong Kong and all of it was fake. The only thing that I have gotten from sellers that ship out of Hong Kong that still work are cables. Since cables are pretty hard to mess up this is understandable, but for the most part anything on ebay that ships out of Hong Kong is fake.