iPod CFW 1.1.3 MMH

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by macmasterhacker, Feb 5, 2008.

?

Would You Like A CFW For iPod

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. macmasterhacker

macmasterhacker New Member

Alright, I have made a custom firmware for the iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I need to know if there is any developers for the iPod that are willing to put it into an application to install it to the iPod's flash partition. And I was also wondering if someone could help me make a recovery mode. Instead of your iPod going to the icon where you plug it into iTunes when it bricks I am going to replace that icon into an application where you can reflash the CFW instead of going through the jailbreak process again.

Thx, MacMasterHacker
  2. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Wow, if you've done what you say you have, that's pretty impressive.

However, I'm afraid that it will be quite hard to change the behaviour of the device when it goes into recovery mode, because that is hard-coded into the firmware, and the only way to change the firmware (which is a separate thing to the file structure and contents of the drive) is by updating using iTunes. It's like... trying to completely change the behaviour of your computer when it first starts up, before the OS has loaded.
  3. macmasterhacker

Well, I was a PSP hacker for 1.5 years I think with the help of some other developers we could work something out. BTW I know a thing or two about the Recovery Menu on the PSP. Just remember anything is possible with electronics!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Sweet, I won't ever use it though unless its a ton better than Apple OS
  5. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Whats custom abuot your firmware? What did you change? Screenshot?
  6. link_08

link_08 New Member

What Is The Difference??? What Is New How Stable Is It, Does It Work With All The Apps.
  7. Blind

Blind New Member

The recovery kernel on the PSP has nothing in common with the restore function on the iPod, because the restore function is the actual entry for the PC to do all the work, yet the PSP does all the work with the recovery menu.
  8. macmasterhacker

OK, hold on. The CFW is made off of the Apple OS so this means that it is stable. Yes the apps work on it. As for the recovery menu I think it might be possible because the iPod has to run some kind of code to het the iPod into the state where iTunes can discover it as an iPod in recovery. If it is possible I will make a program that loads but it is very simple and will load a .ipsw backup and restore the firmware without needing a computer. And the differences will be that it will (hopefully) have a recovery menu, you don't have to plug into iTunes after upgrade, have different springboard layouts e.g. list view etc. (possibly in the future)

Screenshots coming soon! (Just as soon as I find my camera!)

Oh, and for all you people saying no on the poll why not!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??

And what/how do I decrypt the 022-3742-100.dmg from the .ipsw file I can't remember how I did it before
  9. Mint-Berry Crunch

Mint-Berry Crunch Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Your first priority right now should be to find a camera or whatever and show proof you have a custom firmware. Next how do you not know how to decrypt a firmware ipsw file if you made a custom firmware? Next, how do you plan on proving it? Anyone can modify pretty much anything in any of the three firmwares using conventional methods.
  10. FamousLastMCRmy

FamousLastMCRmy New Member

OMGz you are Dark_AleX!111!!
    Seriously though, what contributions have you made to the PSP scene?

I wish you the best of luck, but custom firmware is no easy task.