iPod capacity reduced after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vymcho, Mar 28, 2009.

1. vymcho

vymcho New Member

I jailbroke my 8 GB iTouch 2g a few days ago, and when I was syncing with iTunes, I noticed that the capacity was only 6.7 GB. Before jailbreaking, the capacity was at least 7 GB. Does anyone else notice this and is there any reason to be concerned (ie. should I restore and re-jailbreak)?
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Do you realize when you install something it takes up space? You installed cydia and installer right? And what ever else you downloaded in the last few days has taken up space too.
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The root partition is bigger. That's normal and should be expected. There is no reason to be concerned.
  4. vymcho

vymcho New Member

@mikec1985: Yes, I realize that whatever I install will take up space. I'm talking about the basic capacity here, not the space remaining after apps and such.

@jamil_d: Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for.
  5. biorio

biorio New Member

Yeah but i think if the root parition would be set to 550mb it would be enough....but is there then that problem that bigger apps wont work anymore or has the ipod touch a REAL ram?
  6. bluepigster

bluepigster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    kao pei don't complain you already jailbreak then complain you don't like change back ah!
  7. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

dont be too concerned about little memory taking some space. thats just Cydia and other things in the root partition. as long as you dont have 6GB of Other, then you're fine.
  8. biorio

biorio New Member

in an UNJAILBREAKED ipod:
    when you install an application is this installed to root partition or not(like when jailbreaked)?