Ipod can't connect to wi-fi, I don't know that can I do ((

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by almaz87, Mar 25, 2010.

1. almaz87

almaz87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello! I'm from Russia and I have Ipod Touch 3rd 64gb from the USA. I can't connect to Wi-fi. My router is ASUS WL 520GC. This router automatically setup wi-fi network.In the router settings I see DHCP is enabled.Authentication Method: WPA-Auto- Personal. My Acer notebook and my brother's Acer neo Touch haven't problems with connect to wi-fi, they automatically get IP after entering WPA-key. Ipod find wi-fi and I enter the key, but it shows error "Unable to join the network" and ask to press "Dismiss" button. So I press dismiss and don't to try to enter key again and press "cancel" because I see wi-fi indicator in the upper left corner is turned on..I go to Safari browser...but I can surf to internet (( In Ipod wi-fi settings in the DHCP tab written: IP adress- 169.254.176.66, Subnet mask 255.255.0.0, but IP adress should be 192.168.1.xxx and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 because my DHCP server 192.168.1.1... My Ipod firmware version is 3.1.3.Have you ever saw this problem? Please help me!
    Thanks!!!
  2. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try resetting your router and remove WLAN security. Then try and connect again. Once you're connected add the security layers back in.
  3. almaz87

almaz87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    it does not help ((
  4. iCeD00D

iCeD00D New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Do you have any type of MAC Filtering enabled on the WiFi side? If so, just add the Touch's MAC address in there....
  5. almaz87

almaz87 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No, I don't have Mac Filtering!

I thought that it's my router's problem, but I went to McDonalds 1 hour ago. And there I connected to wi-fi and I saw my Ipod got 169.254.xxx.xxx IP adress again..So it's not router's problem.
    Please tell me that should I do.
    Answer for these questions please:
    1. Maybe this problem because my Ipod touch from America or firmware version problem?
    2. I updated firmaware version to 3.1.3 (((( Can I get back 3.1.2?

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. danomac

danomac Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I am having a similar problem. But mine started immediately after jailbreaking with redsnow, wifi was great one minute and now it ihas been gone ever since I jailbroke. I reset everything even restored the ipod nothing has worked. I was wondering if you got your fixed?