ipod cannot connect to home wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by omgbbq, Apr 17, 2009.

1. omgbbq

omgbbq New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i can connect at school, library, anywhere with wifi, but not at home. i used to be able to, but then when my dad set the router to wireless N, i couldnt connect to it. is there something up with wireless N?
  2. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try to rejoin it
    and see if wiffi is turned off
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Reboot the router.
  4. franky_402

franky_402 New Member

heres what happens to mine and all my friends ipod/iphones, i have a linksys router with wep encryption it will say it connects and all but nothing works, and if you click on the router thru settings it wont optain an ip address, annoying as hell, so my workaround is i type the settings in manually, but make sure you give every ipod thier own unique ip address or they still wont connect because they will conflict, an easy way to get the settings and go to a computer that is connected on the same network and click on the info page, get your router address, subnet mask, dns and all that jazz, usually ip ranges for devices are 192.168.1.100 - 192.168.1.149 for stock settings the computers in the house that connect usually take the first in chronological order so i started the ipods down from 149, 148, 147 and so on. This is the only way i can get any apple product to connect to my wep encrypted linksys g router. Not sure why but this works flawlessly for me and about 9 other apple products ive set up here
  5. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

There's no 802.11n on the iPod touch. Unless you have the router set to broadcast on both g and n, it won't work.
  6. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

What model of router are you trying to use? Try setting your modem to broadcast 802.11b/g along with 802.11n - In my router this is called "autodetect" under my modems config page

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Cohen_computer

Cohen_computer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Renew the leases on the connections. Make sure the IP is being assigned by the router (DHCP)....

Restore it.. at the last resort.

Cohen