iPod Brightness Defect on Week 39? Please Help By Posting About Your Unit!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Complexis, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have been reading about how the Week 39's brightness is not as bright as Week 38. I would like to know if you guys notice that the Week 39 unit you have is less bright than your previous Week 37,36, unit. Also, if you have a Week 40, please indicate if the Week 40 is closer to Week 39 or 38 in brightness. Thanks!
  2. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have a week 39 but haven't noticed anything wrong with the brightness. I have it set to auto-brightness anyway and it's never been a problem for me. I like it just how it is lol. Turning off auto-brightness and having it manually set makes it too bright I find.
  3. iStealth

iStealth New Member

I have a dumb question... what is all this week ## stuff. I don't get iPot till next week.... What does week 39, 40, etc. mean?
  4. torchaic

torchaic New Member

I think there is a problem with brightness. My week 38 was much brighter than the Week 39 I have now. I think it might be a hardware issue. Anyone have a week 40?
  5. TheH

TheH New Member

I returned mine, I was having transfer problems, most likely from power issue on my usb connections, so I told BB that my ipod was having issues syncing and that I wanted another one that didn't had that 37 on the serial number..

I'm still getting the transfer issue when I do movies or large albums at ones, but now I have a new 40 week one, with "no known issues" and I just need to buy a external powered USB hub to fix the transfer issue..

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. TheH

TheH New Member

Yes I have a week 40 and it is a little more brighter the the 37 I first got.
  7. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

im gonna echo what the guy ^ asked, and ask what's all this week## stuff?
  8. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

On the back of your Touch you'll see your serial number, some like 9C737XXXX

It's the 37 after the 9C7 that indicates in which week of the year it was made.
  9. DemonDuck

DemonDuck New Member

ah cool

and the later ones are brighter?
  10. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

I don't know to be honest.

Mine is a week 37, it's pretty damn bright - I have it at 50% brightness and it's more than bright enough day and night.