Ipod Bricked but responds?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by harrisontan, Mar 23, 2010.

1. harrisontan

harrisontan New Member

Hi, last friday i was trying to put some more music onto my jailbroken ipod touch 2g but on the info page it was telling me that i had no KB left even though i only had 500 songs and a few apps (its a 8gb version), it would also sometimes show it as having 2 or so gigabytes ever so often if i unplugged it then put it back in. I decicded to restore it to try and make it work properly again and as soon as i did i cannot turn it on anymore.

If i dont plug the ipod touch in then pressing the poewer button to turn it on or even trying to put it into restore mode nothing happens. If i plug it into my pc however then try to put it into restore mode i get response. When i try to resotre it to 3.1.2 firmware it was either coming up with error 6, 1600 or 1604, (probly some others aswell). However now if i just click the restore button then it does the resotre process with no errors and has a message like "Your ipod has been restored to factory settings, wait for it to reset and it will appear in the side bar". Ive left it plugged in for 2 hours and nothing has happend and if i try to unplug it then plug it in it says its in restore mode still and i still get no response from it unless its plugged in (and by response i mean that when i try to restore it a white screen appears, then the white apple logo, then a white apple logo with a loading bar underneath it that corrosponds with the loading bar on itunes when i restore.

I have tried reinstlling itunes and nothing has changed, i tried upgrading to windows 7 and nothing has changed either.

When i used to plug it in it used to have my ipod touch lsited under my computers removable devices "Harri's Ipod" but now when i plug it in i just get a windows error messaage thing in the bottom corner and when i click it it says its an "unknown device" i have tried unstialling this "unknown device" but nothing has changed.

I am willing to take it back to an apple store as i heard they will replace it because its still i nwarranty and i have the box etc.. but how do i make sure all the jailbroken material is off it? Preferably i would just fix the problem however.
  2. Mooner93

Mooner93 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i had this problem with my ipod too it just seemed to fix its self. there was one day i turned it on and it just worked i dont know how to explain it. If you restored your ipod already you should be okay bringing it in to apple but theres no way to no for sure being it wont start up.

Just a quick question about your Memory problem. Do you have rock as your installer and not cydia?
  3. harrisontan

harrisontan New Member

g

i had both
  4. Mooner93

Mooner93 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah thats what i thought. Rock for whatever reason creates a file on your ipod that will take up all the memory. Its easy to fix if you have ssh or Ifile. I forgot exactly were you go but theres a thread on here on how to fix it. So you can do that or just get rid of rock
  5. harrisontan

harrisontan New Member

ye but i cant do that until it turns on again ye?
  6. tomcooldrummer

tomcooldrummer New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Rock installer takes up a large amount of memory due to its log. If you search the forums there are tutorials on how to fix this. Then again, you have just restored and there is a small chance that you will be able to jailbreak it....
  7. harrisontan

harrisontan New Member

So how do i sort my problem out tho?
  8. Mooner93

Mooner93 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well no matter what ur going to have to find way to turn on your ipod so you can change stuff.
  9. harrisontan

harrisontan New Member

so no1 knows a way to turn it on?