ipod bought in u.s but currently using it in canada

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by aries7, Jan 21, 2008.

1. aries7

aries7 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hey all

i got my ipod touch as a christmas present from my dad who lives in the states, and since i live in canada, i dont know which itunes store i should buy the apps from? because i activated it in the U.S but now i have been using it outside of the states.
    just wondering if anyone can help me out.

oh and one more thing, if i would to send the ipod to apple for repairs, how would i send it and where do i send it to? is it the same for people in the US and outside of US?

thanks and i am sorry if these questions have already been asked
  2. Danielg

Danielg New Member

I'm going to buy here(Australia as a visitor in it!) at the US store(becuse my account is there) and im going to use it at home(israel), so is this answering you question? if not so here's the answer:
    buy where your account is! if you have a canadian one, buy from it!(or else, buy from the cheaper!)
  3. pppr

pppr New Member

My guess is that we get international coverage. You should be able to buy it from any store and get covered in another country. However, when you establish an account with a store (mine in France), it is not accepted by the Apple store in US. I have not tried to establish another account with the US store with a French credit card.
  4. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I'd of bought my apps using the Canada store. It's what makes the most sense anyway.
  5. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

I had an old iPod (Classic) that broke, and it was bought from the US even though I live in the UK. When we rang the support line, we had no problem with sending it off to be fixed (other than the fact that it wasn't registered to us, but to some woman in Cali, but that was the Apple Store's fault.