Ipod Bottom(Where usb charger is plugged in) getting hot.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Hellfire, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire New Member

Please note that my Ipod is indeed Jailbroken using blackra1n as of July 1st.

I noticed it only recently as In started to play tap tap more or less religiously, lol. Although I have my suspicions that "backgrounder" application(jailbreak app) maybe causing this.

The other thought I had is it's currently very hot were I am living. ranging from 26C(Today) to 30C+(All week along). It is also seeming that it will be 30C+ for the rest of the week as well.

Could one of those be the problem?

If not what could? I'm only covered under the basic apple warranty and I believe the "30-day Return/Defective/etc" warranty from BestBuy(and apple?)

Any help would be great

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you play games etc. while the iPod is charging, it does get quite hot. I'd avoid doing that if you are doing so.
  3. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    My iPod (like 7-8 months old) gets hot occasionally, at least when I charge mine. It raised concern for me but it's still fine. I think it's just warm cuz it's thinking a lot lol
  4. Hellfire

Hellfire New Member

I'm talking about when it's not plugged in and charging. The bottom tends to get hot. Now I don't know if maybe I'm just so hot in this weather that I can't tell the difference or what but it does have me slightly concerned because I had seen a girl come in to Best Buy(All my friends work there) with a chard battery area and they said that their Apple warranty didn't cover it.
  5. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    well were you playing a game when it did it? If it's just playing music and gets hot then I'd take it back
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Do you have a case on it? If so take it off and see if that helps
  7. Buzzard267

Buzzard267 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My iPod does this too. It's just a factory issue, but I actually find it nice on a cold day, lol.
  8. Hellfire

Hellfire New Member

Alright. Yes. I was playing TAP TAP REVENGE 3. No I do not have a case. Music is fine.
  9. MrDodi

MrDodi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Its just your battery, dont worry. If your ipod broke because of that issue , its under warrenty.
  10. Hellfire

Hellfire New Member

I was told the basic Apple Warranty(Without Best Buy's Service Plan) wouldn't cover a battery. Was I lied too?