Ipod boots normally

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Jomann, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Jomann

Jomann New Member

This is very strange. I followed this tutorial all the way through, (mind you I had to do the 64 bit install of libusb) but i followed it all the way through, got the white screen put in the commands to iRecovery, then did it again like it said, once it told me to exit I did so, but whats weird is my iPod booted normally instead of jailbroken not only that but all my music videos etc etc were still on there, I then proceeded to get decovery, i put my iPod into dfu mode and ran the program, same thing when my iPod booted, then i used the redsnow version of decovery, no dice yet again. then i unplugged my iPod's cord, turned it off, exited iTunes, then turned on my ipod once again, and the damn thing still booted into normal iPod firmware... I am so confused you guys. If anyone has this problem or would like to tell me what is wrong that would be great.

Edit: if you want me to tell you more info just ask i will be here to tell you

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. stephenn08

stephenn08 New Member

Did you put the jailbroken firmware on your ipod? (Shift + click on restore and navigate to the firmware)
  3. Jomann

Jomann New Member

Yes I sure did although I suppose I can try that step again.. Will post much later today.