Ipod boots into recovery mode, and dim sleep mode screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Jun 10, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, My ipod was having the problem that whenever I went into sleep mode, the screen would go dim and I could see the unlock screen. It wouldn't let me go completely into sleep mode. Using some advice I had gotten a long time ago, I first tried turning off the ipod and letting it sit for a few minutes, and then turning it back on. Still no luck. Then I tried using the iBrickr program. After getting into recovery mode and then using that to boot it, it got rid of the dim screen problem. However, when I later turned my ipod off and turned it back on, it booted into recovery mode. I could get out of it by going into iLiberty and jumping out of recovery mode, but when I turned off my ipod again, and then turned it back on. Again, it booted into recovery mode. How do I stop this?
  2. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

i would say force restore.
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I managed to fix the problem, but later on, I got the dim sleep mode screen again. Also, whenever I start an application, the touch screen becomes unresponsive. I can still exit to the home screen. I don't think it really locks up, but the touch screen just stops working.
  4. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    *BUMP*

I got rid of the problem of the screen becoming unresponsive, but I'm still having the problem of my ipod starting in recovery mode everytime I restart it.

I can fix this by using iLiberty to kick it out of recovery mode, but when I restart it again, the same thing happens again. I can't keep doing this. I will not always be at my computer.
  5. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

you have to put it into normal mode with ziphone instead i had to do the same and it worked
  6. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, that fixed the problem of my ipod starting in recovery mode, but now I'm back to the problem that when I put my ipod into sleep mode, the screen just goes dim, just like before, and when I start an app, the touch screen is unresponsive again. I tried using the application "Respring" to respring the ipod, but it still didn't work. I still have the dim screen and the unresponsive touch screen when I start an app
  7. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What do you have on your ipod. It could be somthing you installed. The dimming thing happened to me before. But it was becouse of the iRadio playing in the background, i pressed the sleep button and it didnt go into sleep mode all the way, it just dimmed. iRadio was using to much cpu to put into full sleep mode. Maybe theres to many apps running in the background. Or maybe its just a bug.
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I have quite a few apps, around 178. I do have iradio but it isn't running.
  9. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    maybe there is a limit to the amount of app's you can have before things start to mess up.
    try uninstalling some you dont need or use and see where that gets you. hope you fix your problem. Best of luck.