Ipod battery sudden changes and iPod turning off at full battery...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Phoenygzus, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Phoenygzus

Phoenygzus New Member

Hi guys,

I got my iPod Touch as a christmas gift.. but second day of using, it suddenly started, to turn itself off... without a reason.. it is very frequent, when I use silicon case and try to Sleep it. Screen just freezes and then slowly vanquishes. But it does it even when sleeped and playing music, when playing movies... Even while asleep, not doing anything, sometime it turns off, so I have to wait (around 60-70 secs).. And it also resets the date and clock..

And when it loads up, the battery is at 10%... when I listen to music, it goes back to 50%, but then looses energy again rapidly, so the operating time is around 4 hrs for movies and 10 for music..

When I tried, to use up all the energy and then recharge it, it took me a few hours, until the USB port finally realized, that i connected it.. and it took me a Restore, to recharge it with iTunes...

Any ideas, of what to do, instead of sending it to Apple?:-D
  2. thatkidwiththeipodtouch

thatkidwiththeipodtouch New Member

maybe the silicone case holds the button down. if you do that the screen fades out
  3. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yeah, take it out of the case, give it a nice rubdown, and see how it behaves.

If its still wonky, sounds like it didn't make it out of the factory with all its marbles lined up right. Sounds like a stuck home button.
  4. Phoenygzus

Phoenygzus New Member

Well the problem is, that screen fades out even without the silicon case.. so the stuck home button sounds like a better reason..

Anyway, what do you mean by rubdown? Should i just use sanding paper to thin it up a little or enlarge the hole with knife?:-D

Btw. if the button causes it, it would be best to send it out, won't it? (I live in czech republic, where apple doesnt have any branch store.. so it will be a bit of an issue

Please Register or Log in to view images

)