Ipod battery acting up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pnasca, May 3, 2008.

1. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So i have my ipod jailbroken i think on 1.1.3. and i have a ggood amount of programs probably around 45. I never have the Wi-fi on unless im using it. So, I charge my ipod all the way up, and then unplug it and bring it in my car and play it through my radio. After about 6-7 songs my battery is at 20%. Also note that the brightness is as low as it goes. What is going on? what should i do?
  2. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same thing happened to me.
    Did you install like Insomnia or something that keeps your wifi even after you put it in sleep mode??
  3. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No i didnt..idk what is wrong
  4. beezy

beezy New Member

sorry, but send it to apple on there website, they send u a box, put ur ipod in it, and wait for ur new touch, battery is hardware, so theres no fix i can think of excpet a new one, srry :/
  5. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can i take it into the store? or where do i get this box? can u send me the link
  6. JD FOX

JD FOX New Member

Just bring it into apple and if it is under warrenty they will give you a brand new one for free

believe me I had to do it....
  7. Mr_iPod

Mr_iPod Member

yeah, its definitly a hardware problem. send it to apple or go to an apple store. but make sure you restore, dont want them to see your jailbroken ipot

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    There's a slim chance this is your problem due to the battery being at 20% in only 6-7 songs, although when you press the 'Home' button after you finish using an application, that application is still open. So, if you were to open 25 applications and then on the 25th application simply press the 'home' button, you would have 25 applications still open in the background.

This may be the reason why your battery is draining so quickly. To avoid applications running in the background, hold down the 'Home' button for a while, until it returns to the SpringBoard. This will close all applications.

This may not be your problem, although I hope it helps.
  9. pnasca

pnasca New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks ill try that..also how can i restore my ipod yet back everything up..i never knew how to do that..if someone has a tut.. or a vid that they could show me that would be great.