iPod Backup Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bteyema, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bteyema

bteyema New Member

I keep having this problem where I plug my iPod in and it syncs fine with my computer, but for some reason my iPod takes an ungodly amount of time to backup. Anybody else having this issue? It never took that long to backup when I had earlier firmware versions (on 2.0 now) and it seems really unnecessary to backup every time i plug it in...

anybody have any idea why it's doing this? i'm going to deactivate "sync applications" and see if that helps...
  2. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

What are you using to backup?
  3. jord

jord New Member

he is using iTunes, it is happening to me and a lot of other people.

since the 2.0 update, my iTunes attempts to backup my iPod every single time I plug it in. If I let it complete it takes upwards of 30 minutes.

There is no need tot ake a backup multiple times daily... something must be wrong
  4. bteyema

bteyema New Member

exactly what he said... it's ridiculous...

at one point last night it just stopped backing up and made no progress whatsoever for about ten minutes...

i just gave up and hit cancel... finding out later that it didnt even sync the music i told it to... *sigh*... this seems like a large problem that apple needs to fix...
  5. jayglo

jayglo New Member

Me too

I'm having the same problem. It takes FOREVER for itunes 7.7 to sync my itouch with 2.0 firmware. It's so annoying. This backup thing is absolutely unnecessary, especially each time I sync my ipod. It's not like much has changed for a new backup to be required. This is definitely a bug in itunes 7.7 since syncing my ipod takes over 15 minutes. Sheesh!
  6. iPaulo

iPaulo New Member

Hi,guys! I'm using iPod to Computer to backup my music and never meet with such problem. I think maybe you can try a 3rd-party app. to avoid syncing times daily. Hope this helps!