iPod Back From The Dead

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by matt1308, Nov 21, 2008.

1. matt1308

matt1308 Banned

So, My old iPod touch went on a wild ride through the washing machine about 6 months ago; I had just come home from school and pulled my iPod out of my pocket and threw it on my bed. Later on that night I had forgotten about it and was asked by my mother to change my bed sheets, soon after it had been folded up into my blue and black striped sheet did I realise I had no idea where my iPod was.

After a couple of minutes searching frantically, trying to avoid the obvious. I decided to face the sad truth and sprinted to the washing machine. To my devastation a certain thin sheet felt unusually heavy, as though it was carrying some kind of metallic device.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Weeks later I went out to get my second iPod Touch and was excited to have a brand new shiny back, (and then pissed when about a month later I found out they were releasing a second generation iPod Touch) but that's a completely different story.

It had been months and I had forgotten about my drowned, supposedly dead iPod, when I did a shelf clean up and discovered the familiar black box, with Macy Gray's smiling face awaiting my arrival. My mind drifted back to the good old 1.1.1 days and then to the blood boiling night when I realised the murder that had taken place inside a cold heartless bed sheet.

I opened the box and found the scratched metal that had taken hours of my hacking time with it in its death and immediately a light bulb flicked on in my head and I headed towards my 5.0Vdc GHT iPod wall charger. I picked up the white cord from my desk and plugged one end into my deceased friend, then the other into my glossy black adapter. To my great surprise a little white apple I new all too well appeared on the screen. I let out a loud "THIS IS f***IN' AWESOME!" Then explored my pages and pages of springboard screen reminiscing on all the good times, all the homework that was late because I was too busy on WinSCP or downloading the latest Summerboard theme from Installer, (not that I told my teachers that)

Anyway, The iPod is my mum's now, especially since she put in on buying the second one. As for me, as much as it pains me to see iPod number one go to waste on my mother as it only gets used for walks around the block. The only application being used is the Music.app (seriously, who uses their iPod for music anymore? {I'm kidding of course}

)

I'll try to answer any questions you have.
    Thanks for your time guys.
    matt

2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Good story and a happy ending (sort of).
  3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Wow! Cool, glad to hear it worked again!
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Great story! Firmware 1.1.1 and the early months of jailbreaking were fun!
  5. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

You are a good writer.
    And now that you have like two iPods or whatever.
    You'll help a brother out right ?
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Actually read the story this time and you'll find out that he gave it to his mom!
  7. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

I read it.
    And I saw that bit.
    But there is no reason he can't help a brother out

8. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To be honest, they really were!
    I liked the slightly dangerous jailbreak methods back then, because you got an adrenaline rush from using it. I jailbroke my device about 5 days after I got it, so I really didn't want to break it. I remember pressing the button to jailbreak it on jailbreakme.com was one of the hardest things I've ever done with it!
  9. matt1308

matt1308 Banned

c'mon guys, don't let this thread die.
  10. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

thats amazing.. some elextronics can go through so much these days, did any1 hear about the razr that got shot? it still works and it saved someones life lol