iPod As Wifi Remote

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Danls92, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of the developers here would be interested in porting a program called Pebbles PC the the iPod. It is a program that allows you to use a Palm OS or Windows Mobile device as a an input device for a computer.

This entails keyboard and mouse control. It is not like a VNC because it doesn't display the screen of the computer that you are controlling on the iPod. This enables it to work much more responsively and to control things like Windows Media Center that don't work with VNC.

The best feature though is Remote Commander which allows you to program your device to be used as a remote. You can draw buttons on the screen and assign key presses to them.

The source code is not widely available, but they say
    It is rather iffy as to whether they would release it for something like this. Even if they don't though, it would still be a great idea for a program.

Thanks for reading this, I hope that somebody takes their time to make this program a reality. This is the one thing that would make the iPod the ultimate device for me!
  2. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

I would also be interested in this... but I bet the SDK brings great things.
  3. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i am currently using a program called signal...it works great...you can control iTunes, Windows Media Player..ive been using it for ages and all the time....its best to plug ure comp into the stereo so u can then just hold ure ipod...all it does is gets into ure playlist whether it be iTunes or watever and then it comes up on ure ipod for u to use...go here:

http://www.alloysoft.com/

Is this wat ure talking about?? i hope so....sorry if it isnt.
  4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ive actually always hoped someone would make a program to use the touch as a trackpad. like for a laptop. the screen is almost the same size as my laptops trackpad. i know this is a little off topic, but i read somewhere a long time ago that the ipod touchs screen only supports up to 2 fingers at a time touching it. if thats so, how the heck does that guitar app work? i can touch all 6 strings and still strum it...
  5. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, I've seen it before. I'm really looking for a program that has the ability to control Windows Media Center though. It is really annoying when I want to watch TV from my bed without a remote.
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm, this does sound interesting. Someone make this!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This could also be used to shut down a computer over a network (they make programs that assign shut down to key combinations, you just need to enter the combination on the iPod, or make a button to do it).
  8. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

What is an SDK sorry iam a little short with codes

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

remote buddy guys.

google is your friend
  10. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Remote Buddy is for Apple computers. Windows Media Center isn't.

Reading is your friend.

SDK stands for Software Development Kit. It allows developers to right programs for the iPod Touch/ iPhone.