iPod As A WiFi Adapter?

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by pickles, Sep 13, 2008.

1. pickles

pickles New Member

Alright, I've read all the threads about this, and none seem to work. I've tried iPhone Tunnel Suite, and I'm currently trying iPhoneModem. I have an old computer running Windows XP and have no connection on it. It does not have an ethernet card either. I have a WiFi network though. I want to know how I set up my internet on my Windows XP using my iPod Touch's WiFi on my computer. Please help!
  2. jieo

jieo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mayb your problem is your using an IPHONE program on an ipod .... just a suggestion
  3. pickles

pickles New Member

No.. They both say they work on iPhone/iPod.
  4. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yup i tried iphone tunnel suite on my ipod and it worked perfectly.
    tell me what you do step by step and lets see what you're doing wrong
  5. pickles

pickles New Member

Alright. I installed iPod Tunnel Suite 2.6 and it says beta? Setup my device. Clicked on iTunnel at the top. Then I chose wifi. Then I clicked iConnect. So it says its running. But then I click on Internet Explorer and it doesn't work. I don't know how to set up the connection. Like connection type. Like, broadband, modem, VPN, whatev. How do i set up the internet connection?
  6. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. pickles

pickles New Member

Look, I already know about the proxy crap and what not. It just doesn't work. Before you can put in a proxy you have to set up a Internet connection. I just need detailed steps on what to do. I've never had Internet on this computer before, so I have to set one up in order to put a proxy.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Great. Now when I try to click on iconnect choosing wifi it goes from stopped then to running for about half a second. Then it goes back to stopped. I can't get it to stay on running...