iPod AppStore Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nintendoom, Jun 18, 2008.

1. nintendoom

nintendoom Member

Well, I'm finally buying Mac. MacBook Pro actually so I'm definitely getting an new iPod Touch. Now I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and buy now or wait. What do you guys think is the possibility of the FW 2.0 (appstore and whatnot) being included free if I where to wait after it is released kind of like they did with the Jan App Pack; first it was an optional add on for a price and now its included in every new iPod. So what do you guys think? Buy or Wait? I guess ten bucks isn't much at all in the scope of a new MacBook Pro but just wondering...
  2. kridix

kridix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I say it wouldn't hurt to wait. It is true that they added the Jan app pack to every new iPod so it's logical that the appstore would be added as well once it is up and running.
  3. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

mm matbe u should buy it
  4. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have yet to see a good post from you.
  5. ronniev23

ronniev23 New Member

well first of all im on my macbook its amazing... anyway...there will b a touch with 2.0 already installed... but its prolly more expensive... u should buy either 16gb or 32gb i dont like 8gb

Please Register or Log in to view images

... im sure u have $10 to buy it and 70% of all apps are going to b free.. most of the games u gotta pay for... yes they will come with the january update already installed... if u have $10 to spare for the firmware.. buy it now! yea so do what u think is best!
  6. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LOL!!
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd say wait the few weeks. Worst case scenario, you are sans-iPod for a bit longer. I'm willing to bet that Apple will include the AppStore for free in new iPods, but better safe than sorry.
  8. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

From the experience of the Jan app - they reduced the price of the ipods that didnt have the apps pre-installed. Works out to be the same.