iPod appstore problem

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Jevers, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Jevers

Jevers New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hello all, i was in the appstore yesterday and started to download an app when it came up with a message saying 'This app will be available for download when you log into iTunes store on your PC'. So i connected my ipod to my pc and it downloaded it, but when i tryed it today it said the same thin. Just wondering weather anyone else had the sane problem and any ideas on how to solve it.

Thanx

Attached Files:

2. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

had the same problem...

1. I'm kinda confused... did you download it on iTunes?

2. If you have downloaded it sync it to your iPod

3. If you haven't downloaded the app and still can't figure it out, click iTunes store from the top bar and hit "check for purchases" and it will download the application for you!

PEACE
    -mitch
  3. Jevers

Jevers New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yer i clicked check for purchases and then it started downloading it. i then put it on my ipod but when i wanted to download another app by my ipod it came up with the message again. It looks as if i can only download from my pc.
  4. Evanmav

Evanmav New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i recently had the same problem. but first it said failed to authenticate retry and cancel. and i hit retry then that message came up. and basically the apps were like gray. then i connected it to my comp and took off the 2 apps that were gray and then re added them and its fine now. idk wat happened. i was just trying to update 2 apps from my ipod and i got this error its really weird
  5. Caprica

Caprica New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    i had this too! But when i went to my iTunes to download it instead I had to agree to new iTunes terms & conditions first, then I never had a problem after that.

I heard something about when apps are too large to download (over Edge/3G for iPhones of course) you have to use iTunes instead. I guess it applies to wi-fi too maybe. Was it a large app you were downloading?
  6. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    that happened to me too it told me that i had to download it on itunes though
  7. NinjaBurrito

NinjaBurrito New Member

I think to fix it you need to delete the actual app off your home screen on the ipod, then sync it onto your ipod again through itunes.
  8. sunny

sunny Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i had this problem too. you have to go into settings and allow it to accept cookies in the safari settings, it worked fine after that. try it out if thats your situation.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Jevers

Jevers New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Ok thax for all your help