Ipod apps wont synk

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by tmez36, Nov 5, 2008.

1. tmez36

tmez36 New Member

my friend who got his ipod touch months ago has downloaded and PAIED for many apps, so i went over his house connected my ipod to his computer and downloaded his apps on to my ipod. however when i got home and plugged in my ipod all the apps that i had got at his house got deleted when i synked my ipod. so. is there any way that you can keep the apps on you ipod and still synk?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    That is called stealing. But you would have to have his account info and authorize your computer to do it.
  3. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I thought it wasn't stealing if the other person ok-ed it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

So my neighbor said it was OK for me to come over to your house and take all your stuff....does that work for you?

The person who had the apps in the first place does not OWN them. They own the right to use them, for themselves not for everyone they want to give them to.

Unfortunately in the SW world we don't have a way to easily trasnfer the right to use to another person. The obvious reason is that the software would need to be programmed to be "transfered" to another person. In the case of these $.99 apps it would cost more to put that code into the app than the app is worth.

If you want to test drive the apps or games then do that on your buddies iPod and the ones you like you can go home and purchase for yourself.
  5. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    App Store apps from another computer can't be authorized no yours. They can only be authorized on the owner's computer with their iTunes account.
  6. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    stoooolen?
    they have to authorized to work on your ipod..