iPod Application Folder

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by XouTUbe, Oct 16, 2007.

1. XouTUbe

XouTUbe New Member

I have a lot of applications they're perfect ordered, but I think it would been better if there would been an folder where I could put the Application which I don't want to have on my 'home' screen. For example

http://tortoga.de/daten/1192552697_try1.jpg

like in Safari. It would been amazing if someone could do it
  2. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

so, you want to install a sh*t ton of apps, but only be able to access them through something else

i got just the thing you need.

move the aps you dont want to show upf from applications to a folder you create called Added or something, and put it in /var/root/media_sym so you arent restricted by the space limit.

now, go to installer and grab an app called MobileFinder, change its settings to be able to launcha apps, chang view settings if desired. set it to always open at your Added folder for ease of use.

now all you have to do is go to mobile finder, and a bunch of apps will show up in a nice handy dandy list.
  3. XouTUbe

XouTUbe New Member

It didn't worked, I find them in the finder, but I can't open the apps. I see them in the finder, but open isn't possible
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Make sure you've downloaded Dock.

Then, edit your N45AP.plist so that everything you want on the screen is under <key>iconList</key>.

Take everything you don't want shown and put that under
    <key>special</key>

Now, those cluttery apps won't be on your screen but will still be easily accessible through Dock. I personally have at least one full page hiding that way.

***Bonus Dock hint, for those who have difficulty using it.***
    Dock works a lot better and is a lot easier to use when you slide your finger so it is outside the ring of apps.
  5. XouTUbe

XouTUbe New Member

Thanks but I don't like it, because when I'm going it's too difficult to choose one application, and it shows all of them, not only which I don't want to heve on my homescreen. The first way is nice, I would use it, but it doesn't work...
  6. cullenm

cullenm New Member

did you try double tapping the application in mobile finder?
  7. XouTUbe

XouTUbe New Member

yes I did...