iPod app doesn't work/headphones not detected

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FenrirWolf, Apr 13, 2010.

1. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've been having this issue for a while and can't seem to recreate the conditions. I've had the issue both before and after a recent restore so it might be hardware related. But if I was absolutely certain about that I wouldn't be making this topic. Anyway, here's some specs:

iPod Touch 2G
    Firmware 3.1.2
    Jailbroken via Blackra1n

What happens is that sometimes the iPod app doesn't function properly. I can navigate just fine, but when I choose to play a song, it'll start and then stop before any sound comes out. I can seek to any part of any song and it's the same story. The little playback arrow in the top bar appears and quickly vanishes. Meanwhile, my headphones are not recognized when I plug them in. The volume meter doesn't change into headphone mode and music playback is still broken whether I have headphones in there or not.

I've done a number of hard and soft reboots, tried re-syncing with the computer, reset all settings, and things of that sort. Sometimes I'll be able to get it to work again, but there's no rhyme or reason to what restores functionality and it soon ends up broken again.

I figure the only solution is to restore again and re-add my various jailbroken customizations one at a time to see if they have anything to do with it, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has any insights on the problem. Thanks.
  2. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What tweaks/mods have you applied?