ipod app alternative "core player" manage media files on iphone

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by AlliPodHax, Jan 8, 2008.

1. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    CorePlayer, a favorite amongst many Windows Mobile and other mobile platform users has been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch. CorePlayer offers media management to completely avoid using iTunes. An iPhone media player other than the iPod application could open doors to downloading MP3 files on the run through Seeqpod. Downloading files through Safari is possible with the Mobile Safari Download Plugin from iPhone hacker ‘hachu’. Not sure when it will be released, but they’re working on making it more iPhone friendly. Check the video after the cut for more a more in depth preview.

Please Register or Log in to view images

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nkACIJuiw

CorePlayer’s supported formats include: H.263, WAV, OGG, Speex, WAVPACK, FLAC, MPC, TTA, AMR, ADPCM, ALaw, MuLaw, Midi, G.726, G.729, G.711, GSM 06.10

Cheers,
    Ben.
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Looks cool. Will be great if it supports all the same video formats (ie, orb will work on the ipod touch, as will all those mpeg2 videos without conversion hassles)
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

VERY cool. TCPMP is my main media player on my PocketPC. (An earlier version because of the AAC codec that they removed later on.) It'll be extremely cool if they finally release that on iPHone.

Too bad the whiners are going to start complaining because it isn't free. (Unless they release it free, which would be even cooler, but I'd probably buy it if it isn't.)
  4. ARUS

ARUS New Member

this is awesome, now I don´t need to encode all my video files before putting them on the iPod. Of course I have to sync them manually via winscp, but I can save much time with skipping the converting process.
    This is really cool, the iPod gets more interesting from day to day. I would pay even 40$, if it fulfils my demands as a video player (don´t need the audio stuff)
  5. taxbax

taxbax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no divx or xvid?
  6. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

whooo hooo

Its about time they started making the core player for the iphone. My retarded ass tried to put all the codecs from the tcpmp in the video decoders folder on the ipod. Of course it didn't work but at least I tried. And now I don't have to worry about it no more.
  7. XxtechmasterxX

XxtechmasterxX New Member

Yes it does support divx and xvid.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. kiding

kiding New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Coool! Is there any way to download it? I can't wait!
  9. sipart

sipart New Member

Goto corecodec.com and search on forums for iPhone and you will find post with fresh youtube video link showing video divx playback.

Cheers
  10. XxtechmasterxX

XxtechmasterxX New Member

yeah, does anyone know if this is on the installer? or if it will be anytime soon??