iPod and the Burn

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elkin30, Apr 30, 2008.

1. elkin30

elkin30 New Member

Hi,

I turned on my iPod Touch today after charging it over night. Most people I'm guessing charge overnight. I pick it up and yelp. It was burning hot. After a quick trip to my pediatrist(children's doctor, I'm 14),

I found out My iPod gave me a second degree burn on my thumb. Any suggestions. I'm Taking my iPod back tomorrow. Do I need receipts and stuff or just iPod. My thumb really hurts. Will they give me a new iPod?

THanks,

Elkin
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thats really weird. I don't think I have ever heard of anything like that happening. was the backlight on your ipod on the whole time it was charging?
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Wow. We all know the battery warms up, but this is not run-of-the-mill. I would be surprised if Apple did not take your iPod back.
  4. Led

Led Banned

HELL YEA THEY WILL.

They gave you frickin second degree burns. If they don't you could sue and get load of money. Jailbreak or not it doesn't matter. It's a manufacturing defect or something.

To answer your question: I'd bring your receipt just in case and your hand for proof
  5. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yo dawg sue their ass of say stuff like: after i burnt my thumb i jerked my neck and now it really hurts
  6. elkin30

elkin30 New Member

i jsut want a new iPod. My finger hurts like a b*tch (excuse my language) but what can you do.

I'll get a new one tomorrow. I jailbroke it, but then sshed in to delete installer and I left the app pack installed left so I have all regular apps and app pack so I get app pack with new ipod hopefully. My mom is going to apple tomorrow. THanks for all your help.

i'm signing off now.

JElkin
  7. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Actually, you may want to just completely restore. When you rejailbreak you can just get the app pack from that again. Otherwise Apple will probably find some way to say that your warrenty is void since you jailbroke.
  8. x24motox

x24motox New Member

i agree, you really want to restore, apple will be able to see that it is still jailbroken
    just connect it to your computer and click restore in itunes
  9. willryan42

willryan42 New Member

I don't think it's physically possible for you to get such severe burns unless you were holding onto it for quite some time, which even then, the iPod would have to be unbelievably hot. I think it would be on fire before it got that hot. And there's no way it could still operate if it got that hot.
  10. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

sue apple, get a new ipod touch, get some money