iPod and Sony Head Unit problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by '_', Aug 7, 2008.

1. '_'

'_' New Member

I just got the Sony Xplod CDX GT620IP head unit installed the other day and I'm pretty happy with it. There is one problem I'm having so far. I have the iPod Ready Feature (allows you to control iPod through the head unit). I plan on keeping an iPod (touch, nano, or video) in the glove compartment so that I have a hard drive full of music waiting in the car. However, when I turn the head unit and car off, the iPod is in the idle state, but displays "You may safely disconnect the device" even though the head unit no longer powers the iPod. When everything is off, the iPod will remain on until the battery dies out or if it's unplugged. I believe it detects that the cable is still connected which is why it refuses to shut down. I don't want to unplug the iPod, I just want it to shut down when the unit is turned off. Is there a way to fix this? Is there some sort of application I could download and install which will override the detected cable and have the iPod shut down or sleep after it's been the idle state for a few seconds? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have an iPod Nano, iPod Video, and the iPod touch, all of which experience the same problems (not turning off). If you have solutions for any of them, I'd be happy to know of them.
  2. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

I know this is way off topic but i just have to say that your username is sick.
  3. '_'

'_' New Member

Haha thanks, it is pretty unique.
  4. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

You should copyright that username.

Anyway i'm out of this thread so it wont be closed from being off topic.