iPod always frozen on boot logo WTF????!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by fenderman8000, Aug 24, 2008.

1. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    About three days ago my UNjailbroken iPod on 2.0 froze when i was playing w/ Beatmaker... usually it freezes for a while restarts and takes a while to boot up and works fine again..but it stayed on the Apple boot logo for like 30 min.. I restored and decided to jailbreak that day so I used Quickpwn to jailbreak 2.0.2. Eversince my iPod freezes ALL the time on Cydia, App Store, etc..... and every time it freezes it restarts but ALWAYS is stuck on the pineapple screen... Fortunantly I can fix it with the thread about unfreezing boot logos, but this happens to me all the time..and it takes about thirty minutes to fix it every time. Yesterday it happened to me 5 times and this is seriouslly getting hella annoying. Anyone know if theres any way I cann fix it using SSH or something? Is there something wrong with my iPod?
  2. travis8_8

travis8_8 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ive never heard of that before. u should restore un jailbroken to a clean 2.0, and then send it in to apple, and tell them whats happening. dont say anything about how its been jailbroken obviously and they might give you a new one or something. sorry i cant help much.
  3. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    thnks for the reply... so could this be a problem with my ipod hardware itself or the firmware or w/e its in?
  4. ilikeipod

ilikeipod New Member

do you restore from a backup?
  5. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    it might be a hardware problem, or it might be a messed up custom firmware, or cfw. just restore to a 2.0.2. and then rejailbreak
  6. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this mght be a hardware problem becasue this happened when I had a clean fresh 2.0.0 installed..
  7. cacman93

cacman93 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah, it might be.
  8. andy1009

andy1009 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    that did happen to me on JB 2.0.2 so I restored it from a backup and now it works fine

Try restoring from backup worked for me!

It could be a hardware problem because it happened on my JB 1.1.4 also
  9. specialsyco

specialsyco New Member

if your ssh is on you can fix it
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    you have to ssh into var/mobile and rename the applications folder something else like applictions2 but some of your applications icons wont load but you can just change the name of the folder back to normal and respring and they will load
  10. mjhamilton

mjhamilton New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would suggest you restore to 2.0.2 and do not restore or jailbreak... then see if the problem happens again.. if not then there is some issue when you jailbreak or install a custom app causing the issue